Saturday, March 29, 2014

Zilker Garden Festival

Today I went to my very first Zilker Garden Festival, held at the Zilker Botanical Gardens.  It was a very nice outting on a beautiful Texas spring day.  There were many kiosks of local nurserys selling plants, artists selling handmade crafts, as well as guest speakers presenting on a variety of topics.



I barely made it into the doors when I spotted a nice kiosk of plants and had to buy several.  From there, it felt like I stopped at every other kiosk and bought something.  There were so many great plants and crafts.





I ended the excursion with a nice loot of goodies, including:

  • 2 Black and Blue Salvia
  • 1 Summer Jewel Red Salvia
  • 1 Gregg's Blue Mistflower
  • 1 Milkweed
  • 1 Aloe (free - given away by one of the vendors)
  • 3 eggplants
  • 2 peppers
  • 1 piece of garden art - A flower made out of steel, bronze and gemstones


What a great day!  I hope to make it back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment