Saturday, March 8, 2014

Morning Glory Madness

I started a variety of morning glories from seeds indoors about four weeks ago under my grow lights.  They have been growing like crazy and have outgrown their seed cell trays and were even busting out of their larger containers that I transplanted them to about a week and a half ago.  I decided it was time to get them in the ground outside, even though I'm a little concerned that we still have several cold nights ahead of us, getting down to the mid-30s.



I planted about 14 groupings of plants 6 inches apart along the back chain-link fence.  I planted some in this spot last year and they did very well, beautifying the ugly fence. I'm looking forward to an array of blues, purples and pink flowers later this spring and summer, assuming they survive the chilly nights ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment