Friday, May 30, 2014

Today's Harvest: First Green Beans

I grew and harvested my very first green beans this year, and they are DELICIOUS!  The first harvest was on May 18, and I've gotten a couple servings worth of beans each week since then.  I planted about 15 Bush Blue Lake 274 plants from seed directly into my 4th garden bed (the shadiest one - it gets about 3 hours of light in the morning, and maybe another hour as the sun is setting) back in early-mid April.  So far the plants are doing great.  I planted a purple bean variety a couple weeks ago, so I'll be interested to see if they fare as well.  I'll definitely be planting more green beans next year!


Harvest Totals (since April)
  • 5 lbs Cherry Bell Radishes
  • 3 lbs Giant Fordhook Swiss Chard
  • 3 lb 5.5 oz Pic-N-Pic Summer Squash (5 squash)
  • 2 lb 4.2 oz Black Beauty Zucchini (2 squash)
  • 13.7 oz Mammoth Melting Sugar Peas
  • 1.0 oz Mucho Nacho Jumbo Jalapeno
  • 10.1 oz Bush Blue Lake 274 Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment