Saturday, January 10, 2015

Icicles

It is a cold and dreary day in Central Texas today, hovering around freezing - not exactly the kind of weather I want to go out and garden in.  But, now that the holidays are over and the days are still short, the weekends are the only time I have to really enjoy my garden.  So, I bundled up and ventured out.

What I saw were icicles...EVERYWHERE!

Hanging off shrubs...


...holding onto veggie vines...


...trimming the new bluebird house...


...grasping onto the shed and deck...



...and decorating branches with glistening prisms.


While it might be too cold and wet to enjoy digging in the dirt today, there was still much beauty to behold in the great outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. There's a reason we hang icicle lights on our roof lines and icicle ornaments on our holiday trees - they are just lovely, especially the way they seem to generate their own light, from within. I'm glad you bundled up and ventured out to enjoy them - and doubly so that you shared them here with us!

    ReplyDelete