Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dutch Iris and Daffodils

Last spring I planted a bag of blue and white dutch irises.  No plants or flowers came up last year, so I thought the bag was a bust.  This spring, however, about half of the bulbs came up and ONE of them actually bloomed.  It was one of the white variety.  Hopefully more will bloom next year!





Right now we are having the garden beds at the front of the house redone, which involves tearing up all grass and weeds that have infested the beds.  One of the beds that is being redone had a bunch of bulbs that I planted over a year ago.  The bulbs included an assortment of daffodils and hyacinths, which I had planted out front since they were suppose to be deer resistant.  That was not the case.  The deer have munched these plants down two springs in a row.  So, since I had to move the bulbs anyways due to the landscaping being done in the front yard, I decided to move the daffodils and hyacinths to the backyard where they will be safe from the snacking deer.  I planted them around my Florida Prince peach tree.  I'm looking forward to some blooms next spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment