Friday, February 13, 2015

Today's Harvest: First Broccoli

Today I harvested my very first garden-fresh broccoli!  About half of my broccoli plants already bolted (which the bees are absolutely loving right now), and about 1/4 of the broccoli has some very small heads that won't amount to much.  But I got three decent sized heads that went into a delicious quinoa side dish that we had with a fancy seabass dinner my husband made me.


I also harvested another large bowl of salad greens:  several types of lettuce, spinach, and arugula which was used for two large, delicious grilled chicken, tomato, avocado and goat cheese salads.

My harvest totals so far this year include:
  • 7.5 oz Cherry Bell radish
  • 12.5 oz kale (unknown variety)
  • 1 lb 2.2 oz Flash collards
  • 5.1 oz Ruby Red chard
  • 2.9 oz Fordhook Giant chard
  • 3 colanders salad greens (lettuce, spinach, arugula) 
  • 1 lb 2.9 oz Meyer Lemons (5)
  • 10.8 oz Broccoli (3)
  • 3.1 oz cilantro
  • 2.5 oz parsley


No comments:

Post a Comment