Friday, June 6, 2014

Today's Harvest: First Tomatoes

Today I harvest my first tomatoes of the season... some Sweet 100 Cherry tomatoes, 3 Early Girls, and 1 Juliet Roma Grape tomato.  While today's harvest was small, the tomato plants are loaded with green fruit, so I know I have a bountiful harvest coming my way.  This is extremely satisfying, especially considering the last two years I got zero fruit.  I guess patients is the name of the game when you are a gardener.


Harvest Totals (since April)
  • 5 lbs Cherry Bell Radishes
  • 3 lbs Giant Fordhook Swiss Chard
  • 3 lb 5.5 oz Pic-N-Pic Summer Squash (5 squash)
  • 5 lbs 6.3 oz Black Beauty Zucchini (3 squash)
  • 13.7 oz Mammoth Melting Sugar Peas
  • 5.1 oz Mucho Nacho Jumbo Jalapeno (6)
  • 1 lb 0.2 oz Bush Blue Lake 274 Green Beans
  • 5.3 oz Gypsy Sweet Peppers (2)
  • 2.3 oz Sweet 100 Cherry Tomato
  • 0.6 oz Juliet Roma Grape Tomato
  • 11.3 oz Early Girl Tomato (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment